- Location: Family Boating - Northwest Tampa
- Availability: In Stock
- Year: 2018
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Model: F6 - 15 in. Shaft
- New/Used: New
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
- Stock #: 6EES-1025013
|Engine Type||1 cyl.|
|Bore x Stroke||2.44 x 1.81 in. (62 x 46mm)|
|Shaft Length||15 in.|
|Weight||59 lb. (27 kg)|
|Propshaft Horsepower||6hp at 5000 rpm|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||4500 ~ 5500 rpm|
*IN STOCK* Yamaha model F6SMHA. Price includes engine "in the box", and does not include prep, rigging, or installation. Call for more details.
Yamaha’s smallest Portables, the F6, F4 and F2.5, weigh in at as little as 37 pounds, with streamlined overhead-valve, one-cylinder designs. Their light weights, combined with built-in carrying handles, resting pads and an oil-leak prevention system for on-side storage capability create true portability. Add to that their efficiency, performance and reliability and these pint-sized powerhouses are perfect for all sorts of light duty, like hopping to the cuddy on a tender. Wherever the day takes you, you can take along a little extra power with an F6, F4 or F2.5 Yamaha Portable.
- Lightweight, Portable Power: They may weigh as little as 37 pounds, but these Overhead-Valve portable outboards are packed with features that create smooth, quiet power. This includes a CDI or TCI ignition system, an optimally balanced crankshaft, a long span mounting system and a labyrinth exhaust.
- Ultra-Low Emissions: The Portable F6, F4 and F2.5 are California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions and meet federal EPA requirements.
- Record Setting Fuel Efficiency: Small motors use less fuel, but according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the Yamaha F4 actually set a world record for fuel efficiency, traveling 67.27 continuous statute miles on one gallon of gas.
- Easy Operation: The F6, F4 and F2.5 feature built-in, see through fuel tanks. The F6 and F4 also feature switchable access to an optional, 3.1-gallon external fuel tank for extended range.
- Wet Sump: A pressurized oil delivery system that incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their Overhead Valve systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Portable outboards.
- Maximum Efficiency: The F6, F4 and F2.5 have a carburetor with a factory-selected setting for maximum efficiency, which helps them achieve a C.A.R.B. Three-Star Rating for Ultra-Low Emissions. Additionally, automatic decompression, built-in auxiliary priming and start-in-gear prevention help make for easier starts.
- Easy Storage: Yamaha’s F2.5, F4, and F6 feature our Easy Storage Oil Retention System. This pressurized oiling system prevents leaks, enabling on-side storage.
- Comfortable Control: Incredibly nimble, the F6 and F4 feature 180-degree steering and the F2.5 features 360-degree steering with a dynamically balanced and dampened twist-grip throttle for comfort and convenient maneuverabilty.
- Portability and Storage: Built-in front and rear handles make these lightweights easy to carry. Resting pads and an easy oil retention system allow for convenient on-side storage without cowling scuffs or oil leakage.
- Our 139-cc 6-hp portable is an impressive little outboard. It boasts surprising features for such a small motor, like labyrinth exhaust and a long span mounting system for smooth, quiet power. It also offers the convenience an external fuel tank (in addition to its built-in tank) for extended range and added convenience.
- Tiller-handle control with forward-neutral-reverse shifting and an ergonomic twist-grip throttle
- Only 59 pounds (15” shaft model)
- Available in 15” and 20” shaft lengths
- Solid 6-amp alternator (optional)
- Engine Type: 1 cyl
- Displacement: 139cc
- Bore x Stroke: 62 x 46mm (2.44 x 1.81 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 6hp at 5000 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4500 ~ 5500
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 6 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Fuel Induction System: Carb
- Weight: 27 kg (59 lb.)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: N/A